It is often the case that mums feel like life is one long treadmill of chores, work and planning. We forget to enjoy many aspects of life such as finding time to spend with the family and taking much-needed time-out from the grindstone!
It is also true that mums don’t give themselves enough credit for the good work they do and the success they achieve in life. So here are a few typical events in life that call for the occasional ‘Time Out Treat’ (in no particular order):
- Getting the housework done on the day you planned to do it. TREAT: a cup of tea and your favourite biscuit with your feet up.
- Earning a promotion at work. TREAT: a night out with your partner or friends (without the kids!)
- Getting round to booking the car in for an overdue service. TREAT: A quick catch up on the phone with a friend.
- Helping your child understand their homework topic and they achieve an ‘A Grade’ as a result. TREAT: Quality time together.
- Winning a new contract for your business. TREAT: A mini facial at your local beauty salon.
- Helping a friend with a personal issue. TREAT: A long soak in the bathtub! (more…)